How about about this pure blue sky? Some of you may remember last week's Sky Watch with the same lovely sky. And you may be thinking the skies over Central Ontario are always this clear.
Think again. Today's Sky Watch photos were taken on the same day as last week's.
Does this ram's head look to you like it's smoking a cigar? It's a downspout and it's at the top of the tower on...
St. George's Anglican Church situated beside Lake Simcoe -- Ontario's "first cottage country" (summer vacationland). This is the view from the road, which is on the chapel's south side and the lake in on the opposite side of the church.
The chapel was erected of fieldstone in 1877, the first year summer visitors travelled from Toronto to this area by railroad. Today St. George's is open for services from late April to mid October, and is on the edge of Sibbald Point Provincial Park.
Legend has it that the church was supposed to be built without iron rods, but stains on some of the fieldstone suggest the builders disobeyed orders.
A cemetery surrounds the chapel on three sides. This is view was taken from the cemetery on the west side.
To join in the Sky Watch fun, which features skies from all around the globe, visit the Sky Watch blog at http://skyley.blogspot.com
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- Happy Halloween
- Sunset over Pumpkins/ Sky Watch
- Heritage Railway/ Sepia Scenes
- Halloween Preview/ Ruby Tuesday
- Sharon Temple/ My World
- Calendula/ Today's Flowers
- Donkeys/ Camera Critters
- Apple Picking
- Geese Over Highway/ Sky Watch
- Old Store/ Sepia Scenes
- Lake Ontario/ Watery Wednesday
- A Taste of Halloween/ Ruby Tuesday
- My World/ Ontario, Canada
- Carpet Rose/ Today's Flowers
- Grackles/ Camera Critters
- Virginia Creeper
- Fall Foliage/ Sky Watch
- Full Moon/ Sumac Leaves in Fall/Fave Things
- Birdbath/ Watery Tuesday
- Party Time/ Ruby Tuesday
- Honeysuckle/ Today's Flowers
- Painted Lady/ Camera Critters
- Rusty Truck
- Sunset Through Maples/ Sky Watch
- Fall Decorations/ Fave Things
- Red mushrooms/ Ruby Tuesday
- Mossington Bridge/ Bridges Between
- Clematis/ Today's Flowers
- Serendipity/ one single impression
- Goat Herder/ Camera Critters
- St. George's Graveyard
- St. George's/ Sky Watch
- Butterflies/ Fave Things
- ▼ October (33)