Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5/Nature Notes

South-central Ontario on Sunday evening

Iy was a rainy weekend. I'm not complaining though - we needed rain badly. Finally late Sunday afternoon and evening, the sun poked through the clouds - occasionally. Some of these photos are darker than others depending on whether the sun poked through the clouds or not.

Largest square: an eastern kingbird waits for a tasty morsel to fly by.

Working clockwise: bullhead-lily in bloom (Nuphar variegatum), red clover (Trifolium pratense). ox-eye daisy (Chrysanthemum leucanthemum),  common fleabane (Erigeron philadelphicus), and purple vetch (Vicia americana).

Please visit Michelle at Rambling Woods for more
NATURE NOTES.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Absolutely beautiful! It's such a fun time of year with all of the wildflowers and birds.

Elisa N Viajes said...

I love your nature notes... absolutely!

TexWisGirl said...

i love your purple-tinted fleabane. ours are white.

Stephanie said...

I am enjoying your nature photos, just love your collage.

Lowell said...

Very, very nice, EG!

LONDONLULU said...

Love these wildflowers and that soft, soft gray bird!

Carver said...

Lovely nature collage. I'm glad you got rain since you need it. There is nothing worse than too little rain.

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.