Thursday, April 17, 2008

Signs of Growth

The southwestern edge of East Gwillimbury is growing, growing, GROWING! This area borders on Newmarket, a burgeoning town overflowing into EG. Until a few years ago, East Gwillimbury was almost totally rural, but this little corner looks like CITY (yes, a four-letter word) to my country-loving eyes.

This shovel is sitting in the unfinished parking lot of a chain hardware store. Chain store? It wasn't THAT long ago that old timers would have laughed at such a ridiculous idea. The times they are a changing!

1 comment:

dot said...

Sometimes I just wish I could go back and live in the good ole 50s and 60s.

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.