Port Perry, a small town with delightful ambience, is located east of East Gwillimbury. Someone thought AHEAD and realized the old architecture on Queen Street (the main street through the town's centre) has tons of character.
Port Perry is built on the edge of Lake Scugog and attracts tourists summer and winter. Fishing is a main tourist attraction, as is a gambling casino on a nearby First Nations Reserve.
A new mall is going up on the outskirts of town with some super-box stores. Hmmmmmmm. I sure hope this doesn't change the town core!
My husband I like to visit Port Perry's used bookstore. Great books at reasonable prices. ;-)
To join in the Ruby Tuesday fun, click HERE.
By the way, some of you have comment boxes that I cannot use. I work on a Mac, and although I've tried three different browsers, I cannot leave comments. TINK, your blog is one. I'd LOVE to leave comments but I can't! Its frustrating!
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- Monarch on Buddleia/ Today's Flowers
- Work Train/ Bridges Betweeen
- SHH! Did you hear something?
- Engine Through the Cattails
- Upscale Stable/ Sky Watch
- By the Tracks/ Fave Things
- Northern Cloudywing
- Those Were the Days/ Wordless Wednesdays
- Old Red Truck/ Ruby Tuesday
- Garage Sale/ Odd Shot
- Rose of Sharon/ Today's Flowers
- Puzzled Squirrel/ Camera Critters
- Spring... a fading memory/ Autumn's in the Air
- Looking into the Valley
- Raindrops on Leaves and Flowers/ Fave Things
- Should I jump or.../ Wordless Wednesday
- Rowan Berries/ Ruby Tuesday
- Rugosa Roses/ Today's Flowers
- Keeping Ontario What?/ Odd Shot
- Fringed Poppy
- Red Admiral/ Camera Critters
- Soapwort Collage
- Jack and the Hollyhock Stalk/ Sky Watch
- Time at the Forest Pond/ Fave Things/ Thursday Cha...
- Betty's Fresh Corn
- A REAL Princess in the Garden/ Wordless Wednesday
- Main Street, Port Perry/ Ruby Tuesday
- St-John'swort/Today's Flowers
- Steam Engine/ Manic Monday: BOIL
- Precision Flying/ Odd Shot
- Hollyhock Days
- Mom & Pop / Camera Critters
- Old But Still Used
- Between the Pond and the Tracks/ Favourite Things
- Hanging On/ Wordless Wednesday
- Fishing Derby Mural
- Common Teasel
- Commitment/ Ruby Tuesday
- Odd Shot/ Manic Monday - BIG
- Fishing for.../ Camera Critters
- Butterflies LOVE Echinacea
- Iron Horse/ Theme Day
- ▼ August (43)