Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3/Nature Notes

A lovely start to spring

The local osprey are back and this one is working on its nest.  Moving clockwise, maples are getting ready to flower, bossy geese are defending their territories, trout lily leaves are up, moss on a log brightens its surroundings in the sunshine, and coltsfoot blossoms bloom in large colonies.  We received a dusting of snow Saturday night but in spite of that spring is in the air.

Please visit Michelle at Rambling Woods for more
NATURE NOTES.

11 comments:

Halcyon said...

My MiL has a pair of birds nesting in her garden. It's been fun to see them hunting for the right materials to get it just right. By the looks of your shots, spring will be in full swing by the time I'm back! :)

Leora said...

Coltsfoot looks like dandelion. I love seeing the little buds at this time of year, like your maples.

MadSnapper said...

we love to watch the osprey adding to the nest, the nest has been there for years, but each year it gets bigger as they spruce it up for those loud babies.

TexWisGirl said...

the osprey shot is cool!

Susan said...

Beautiful collage! Very pretty!

Rose said...

It is wonderful that you get to see an osprey work on its nest...I am just a bit envious!

Small City Scenes said...

Signs of spring for sure. Nice collage. MB

cieldequimper said...

Super collage and the photo of the osprey is absolutely marvellous!

Gillian Olson said...

Great osprey picture and collage.

Carver said...

I love the shot of the osprey. Good look at the nature in your part of the world.

Viola said...

=)

I just fell in love with your collage!! =)

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.