Potatoes are one of East Gwillimbury's major crops, rotated with corn, wheat, soybeans, lettuce, cabbage and others. I originally stopped to take photos of the field (see below) but as the sun set the sky grew very beautiful. ;-)
This was to be the original photo (it wasn't going to be a Sky Watch).
Yes, it's a bit dark but the plants were growing so quickly I was afraid by the next time I drove by the rows would be covered with foliage. We've had a good amount of rain this year and everything is growing quickly and well.
But I had to drive back the next day anyway to get a decent shot of the blossoms. LOL Aren't they lovely? Ha! Would you believe they are from the same plant as the lowly potato?
For more Sky Watch photos be sure to visit http://skyley.blogspot.com
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- Sky Watch Over Holland Landing
- Great Spangled Fritillary
- Blanketflower's Many Faces/ Ruby Tuesday
- Monarchs Rule!
- Odd Shots brought to you by the letter...
- One is not enough
- Red-Spotted Purple Butterfly
- Small Pond on Rainy Day
- Kids in the Garden/ Favourite Things
- Shiny Green Bee
- Public School, Ontario-style
- Somewhere in EG/ Ruby Tuesday
- Meadowhawk at the Pond
- Through Supermarket Window/Odd Shots
- Chippy/ Camera Critters
- Red-spotted Admiral Butterfly
- Wee Clown
- Sunset over Potato Field/ Sky Watch
- Catching Pollywogs (Tadpoles)
- Z is for Zephyr
- Calico Pennant (dragonfly)/ Ruby Tuesday
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
- Odd Shots/ Popular Pastime
- 12-Spotted Skimmer/Camera Critters
- Who? ME!
- Bread-seed Poppy
- Y is for Youth and Young at Heart
- Eastern Comma Butterfly
- Holland Marsh Canal/ Bridges Between
- Kid-friendly Garage Sale
- White Admiral Butterfly
- What's For Dinner?
- Sunset Over Grassy Field/ Sky Watch
- Bees love Rugosa Roses!
- Ontario’s Vegetable Patch
- Theme Day/ "NO" signs
- ▼ July (36)