Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blue skies/fluffy clouds & train cars

I usually take my camera whenever I go out, even if I'm going to the hardware store. ;-)

The Mount Albert Home Hardware store is beside some tracks, so when I heard the engineer sound the horn, I skipped out the front door, ran around the building to the back and caught this...but missed the engine. OOPS! (Well, I had to skirt around some high snowbanks, LOL, and dodge a few trucks and cars!)
But the sky is so beautiful, the photos are worth sharing, don't you think?

PS: Mount Albert is a community in East Gwillimbury on the township's eastern edge.

8 comments:

Kim said...

The contrast of the colors in the sky and clouds almost look man made. Don't you just love the obstacles we have to face to get "that shot"!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Just beautiful clouds photos! Love them!

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful sky. I always take my camera with me too, because you never know when an opportunity is going to crop up.

Small City Scenes said...

What a beautif sky---so crisp. Don't we all love trains. I can just picture you scurrying outside to get the shot. I would do the same. MB

Tom said...

Well these are stunning.. as soon as I get the time I'm going to start googling your town and reading about this beautiful place you live.. The town I live is full of bricks and mortar.. one house looks much the same as another. One ofthe resons I show the countryside around me is thats where I long to be... some of it is within walking distance.. but if I jump in the old banger of a land rover I can be on top ofthe moors in a few minutes.

Shammickite said...

These are nice views... a contrast between the lovely blue sky and bright counrtyside and the industrialness of the train.
I used to live just north of Mt Albert... spent quite a bit of time there doing shopping, doc appts etc etc.

Kris McCracken said...

What a fantastic clear day.

Ken said...

My camera is the first thing I grab on the way out the door.

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.