Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Hearty Welcome to EG















Welcome to East Gwillimbury, a rural township north or Toronto on the verge of becoming more citified as an influx of population moves northward from Toronto as well as from towns in York Region.

We're growing at a furious pace. I kid you not: town planners predict EG's population will more than double to 51,000 by 2021 -- that's only 13 years!

Those of us who enjoy space, however, can take refuge in the fact that the township encompasses 238 square kilometres (almost 92 square miles).

The township contains five communities: Holland Landing, River Drive Park, Sharon, Queensville and Mount Albert, plus there are picturesque farms and wild areas in between. It's a town that's in the midst of change--growing by leaps and bounds. But EG also has foundations rooted in its past--tons to photograph and tell you about!

No comments:

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.