Sunday was cold but that didn't stop families from travelling north to East Gwillimbury to cut their own trees. My World boasts numerous Christmas tree farms and this time of year it would be extremely hard to miss the huge number of cars carrying evergreens south to Toronto or any of the large towns in the Greater Toronto Area. There's nothing like a fresh-cut (really, really fresh) tree for the holidays.
Each farm has a slightly different way of operating, but this is how one tree farm in East Gwillimbury works. In the largest photo above you can see a family hauling the tree they chose. They are dragging it from the field where it was cut to where it will be wrapped with string to protect the branches on its trip home.
Moving clockwise with the top right photo, you can see the tractor-drawn wagon that carries customers from the parking lot to the field of trees. The next photo shows one of the farm workers help the family drag their tree the last few feet to...
the homemade tree-tier-upper. (I don't know what they really call it.) Trunk first, the worker places the tree in the machine, then turns on a switch that turned the tree around and around as string wrapped the branches.
After a minute or two of tree tying, the mom carried the tree to the car and placed it on top. Then the family went indoors to pay, stand by a warm wood-burning stove, and enjoy some delicious hot chocolate.
To visit other blogs celebrating That's My World, please visit http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- EG Countryside/ Sepia Scenes
- Ice on Pefferlaw River/ Watery Wednesday
- Rusty Red/ Ruby Tuesday
- Share the Road/ My World
- Farm on the Hill/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Blue Sky, White Snow/ SOOC
- Black Horse/ Camera Critters
- Stump with Snow
- Merry Christmas!
- Icy Pond/ Watery Wednesday
- Season's Greetings Gate/ Ruby Tuesday
- Country driveway/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Driving Easterly/SOOC
- Horses, Hay, green & Red Barn/ Camera Critters
- Charle Brown Christmas Tree
- Sunset through the Clouds/ Sky Watch
- Old Farm in Fresh Snow/ Sepia Scenes
- A Goodwood Christmas/ Ruby Tuesday
- Christmas in the Forest/ My World
- Tree & Shadow/ Monochrome Manicas
- Sunset Over Snow Fence/ SOOC
- Hee Haw/ Camera Critters
- Do Not Cut
- Sunset over Paddock/ Sky Watch
- Four Deer/ Sepia Scenes
- Icicles/ Watery Wednesday
- And More Snow on the Way
- Santa Claus Was Here!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Tree Farm/ My World
- Horses in field/ Monochrome Maniacs
- YRP 53/ SOOC Sunday
- Do You Hear What I Hear/ Camera Critters
- Sunshine, Bird and Sky
- Sky over Potato Farm/Sky Watch
- Cattle on the Hill/ Sepia Scenes
- Bridge over Creek/Bridges Between
- It's beginning to look a lot like.../ Ruby Tuesday...
- Cross-country Skiing/ My World
- ▼ December (38)