1. "In the depths of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
- Albert Camus
2. Last Saturday I inadvertently baked a batch of "sink-hole" muffins (the tops caved in when they cooled). No one inside the house wanted to eat them, so my husband took one outdoors to lure a pesky squirrel into a have-a-heart trap to be "relocated" to a nearby forest. The squirrel wasn't tempted either.
3. Consumerism: There’s a commercial on Canadian TV that bothers me. A woman is talking to her husband saying “I can’t take it any longer!” What is she talking about? Her refrigerator doesn’t match her stove. OK, I know this ad is supposed to be funny, but actually I think it’s rather sad. I have nothing against matching stoves and refrigerators, but a commercial designed to make people feel unhappy if theirs don’t match is WRONG.
4. I beat the winter blahs this week by attending a digital slide show of Keukenhof (beautiful bulb gardens in The Netherlands), the photos taken last April by friends. WOW!
5. Question: Does chocolate improve your mood? I've read that for some people it does temporarily but then they feel even worse than they did before they took a bite. How does chocolate affect you?
I am linking to Sky Watch Friday HERE.
I am joining Random 5 Friday Here