One of two sun dogs seen late one January afternoon
Sun dogs look like fragments of rainbows, don't they? Both are created by light traveling through water or ice acting like prisms: rainbows when light passes through water droplets, sun dogs when light strikes ice crystals.
Sun dogs often mean rain or snow will soon follow.
Random 5 Friday
1. It's not what you look at but what you see.
~Henry David Thoreau
2. For those of us who live in the Northern Hemisphere, daylight hours are getting noticeably longer. Today, Toronto has 10 hours and 6 minutes. Whoo hoo! The darkest 1/4 of the year ( November 5 to February 5) is now behind us.
3. Last weekend, I bought some annual flower seeds. It's too early to plant them yet, but I like looking at the packages.
4. Most of the time I don't like to shop, but take me to a camera or art supply store and I feel like I'm in a magical mansion with secret doors yet to be opened. So much to discover, to investigate, to play with, to imagine!
5. I read in my local paper that there's a home in my region that has sold for $40 million. I cannot help wondering if I had $40 million dollars if I would spend it on a home when a $35 million-dollar home should do me me just fine. ;)
I am linking to Sky Watch Friday HERE.
I am joining Random 5 Friday Here