Sunday, November 8, 2009
Dogwood/ Macro Monday
These are berries that birds have not yet found. Usually the berries grow in clusters but some of the berries in this cluster were not fertilized, only five of them were. (Sometimes only one or two are.) To see another cluster, click here.
To see more macro shots visit Lisa's Chaos at http://lisaschaos.com
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Ready For Snow/ Ruby Tuesday
- Hear Them Ring/ Macro Monday
- Birds, Birds, Birds/ SOOC
- Leftovers, please!/ Camera Critters
- Technology/ Photo Hunter
- A bit Rickety/ Benches
- Warm Colours, Cold Sundown. SkyWatch
- For Whom the Bell.../ Sepia Scenes
- Reflection on the Canal/ Watery Wednesday
- Red Socks/ Ruby Tuesday
- Looking Blue in this Light/ Macro Monday
- Sundown/ SOOC
- Hiding/ Camera Critters
- Birds/ Photo Hunter
- At The Lake/ Benches
- On The Road Again/ Sky Watch
- Port Perry Clock/ Sepia Scenes
- Closed For The Season/ Watery Wednesday
- Can't Wait/ Ruby Tuesday
- Raspberry Leaves/ Macro Monday
- Pond at Franklin/ SOOC
- No, Thanks/ Camera Critters
- Music/ Photo Hunter
- Onlookers/ Benches
- Heading West/ Sky Watch
- Barn basement/ Sepia Scenes
- Mergansers/ Watery Wednesday
- POP!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Dogwood/ Macro Monday
- Water Tower/ SOOC
- Veterans/ Photo Hunter
- Over Rolling Hills/ Sky Watch
- Log Cabin/ Sepia Scenes
- Railway Bridge/ Watery Wednesday
- Creative Farming/ Ruby Tuesday
- American Bittersweet/ Macro Monday
- ▼ November (36)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Love seeing the dogwoods in Fall... Ours are all gone now... Sigh!!!!
Beautiful colours. You're really lucky if you still have flowers like that blossoming at this time of year.
Wherever I browse your blog, everything you share to us are marvelous shots. Amazing. Seems you're proffs. I don't know you much apart in our SSS.
Job well done!
Great, intensive colors! These berries are forming a lovely blossom.
Very pretty flower. Why is it not typical to form a five pointed star?
I've never seen this EG. Beautiful!
Gorgeous shot, EG. Scintillating color. You have dogwoods growing now?
These are berries. The flowers bloomed last spring. ;-)
How cool! I thought that was the strangest looking flower until I read in your post that it was berries. Looks like you fooled some other folks though!
This is a beautiful macro of those gorgeous berries. Very well done!
There is such 'geometry' in nature.
Very macro and very nice. Such brilliant color too.
Well I wondered what happened to you. Now I can relax since you are ok.
Regarding the pond and Koi. In the summer when the creek dries up and the pond get extremely low the Koi disappear and now are back---where do they go? And in the winter they come and go depending how cold it gets. We never get extremely cold and pond has only frozen a few time. Never enough where one could feel comfortable to Walk on it although the dogs have. They are pretty smart so they usually don't. So back to your question--I think in the middle it must be quite deep. I used to have a canoe on it but never measured the middle. I have 5+acres.
THey look delicious. Are they edible?
Are they edible?
They won't poison you. But I've heard touching the tree can cause rashes. I has never happened to me though.
The birds must be getting lazy. They'll find every last berry. Nice work.
Outstanding macro!Congratulations for so perfect shot!
Beautiful colours - very seasonal!
Post a Comment