Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tiny EG Island/ Nature Notes

Seen on an island in a small private pond

We are still experiencing warm days here and cool nights. Most trees are still very green but a few are now sporting autumn colours.

Largest square: bittersweet nightshade (Solanum dulcamara) berries and shadow of the nightshade's leaves - as you can see the berries are very red now. They look tempting but could make you quite sick if you taste a few.

Moving clockwise: Bur-marigolds (Bidens); aster (not sure which one - there are many); spotted jewelweed (Impatiens capensis); New England aster (Aster novae-angliae), and seed pods of Manitoba maple (Acer negundo).

Please note that I include the botanical names because they remain the same around the world but the common names vary.

Please visit Michelle at Rambling Woods for more NATURE NOTES.

16 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful mosaic again....our temps are dropping after today...not ready for cooler weather!

Cezar and Léia said...

It's a perfect collage wish so beautiful flowers, fruits and leaves!
Léia

MadSnapper said...

we have those nightshade berries every where here, had no idea what they are, have many photos of them. all of these are really beautiful shots. love the collage.

Lúcia said...

I always love your flower shots!
Have a beautiful day! ;-)

Judy said...

I always enjoy your collages, our woods are pretty much done with any kind of flowers.

Darla said...

Great mosaic, those berries do look tempting. Are the poisonous to birds?

Darla

Kate said...

Enjoy these beauties while you can. Weather tells me that winter is rapidly approaching!

TexWisGirl said...

love your purple asters!

Faye said...

Love your idea of looking at a small part of nature close-up. May borrow your idea for a glacier climb. The variety of plants growing in one small area is just amazing.

Indrani said...

Wow! You are an expert at mosaics.
Lovely creation.

Rose said...

Very nice...I really like the shadow in the one!!!

Carver said...

You are so great about providing the latin names and you put me to shame. Wonderful shots from your natural world.

Joyful said...

Beautiful mosaic.

We've been having very summer like weather on the west coast but suddenly it changed yesterday. I guess soon we will get rains.

Viola said...

Gorgeous! It just make me happy to look at this collage you've made! :)

Elisa N Viajes said...

Such a beautiful collection:)

Esther Joy said...

These photos were awesome!

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.