Official greeter or trying to scare me away?
This doggie was clearly watching me but never barked.
Cows and protector?
I'm pretty sure it thought it was protecting the cows. Or maybe not. It was very friendly, eventually squeezing under the wire fence to silently check me out.
Friday Random 5
1. Friday the 24th is my birthday and I am proud to admit I am 19...AGAIN! Just how many times I have celebrated my 19th is difficult to say since it's definitely more times than I can count on my fingers and toes.
2. Perhaps one reason I like January is because it includes fond birthday memories: pretty wrappings, colourful ribbons, cake, ice cream and, of course, presents gotten at after-Christmas sales. I think "sales" were really sales back then.
3. I've never had a birthday party. Well, I'm an introvert so - to be perfectly fair - I have never asked for one. When I was a kid, we usually had a family gathering, since my family had four January birthdays between the 24th and the 29th.
4. The only birthday presents I remember right now were from my grandparents. One was a sky-blue dress my grandfather chose for me when my grandparents were in Florida. I didn't get the dress until February or March but that was OK. The second was a little suitcase which had inside a skein of variegated blue yarn and included a promise from my grandmother to teach me how to knit.
5. Total change of topic: I don't like to shop (so please pardon my bad attitude), but last weekend I visited two large chain stores looking for ice grippers for my boots. Our January thaw did NOT melt the ice on a few of my favorite paths and I NEED to feel more secure to walk on them. It is January right? Even inside the stores? Then where is all the winter merchandise? No I did not find what I wanted. I'm guessing the were sold out last August.
I am joining Random 5 Friday Here