Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Canada Geese Over Farm/ Sepia Scenes
It was early evening and four geese were heading for a place to spend the night.
I worked on this photo in two layers. The bottom layer was in colour and the top in sepia at 70% opaque, which allows come colour to show through.
To view other Sepia Scenes visit MaryT, theTeach at http://sepiascenes.blogspot.com
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 10:13 AM
Labels: Sepia Scenes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Canada Geese Over Farm/ Sepia Scenes
- Talbot River/ Watery Wednesday
- Thistledown/ Macro Monday
- Over Canal/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Reflections/ SOOC
- Leroy/ Camera Critters
- Twisted/ Photo Hunter
- Rosedale River/ Bench
- Queensville Sunset/ Sky Watch
- Ramshackle Barn/ Sepia Scenes
- Flower Power/ Watery Wednesday
- Toady's Eyes/ Macro Monday
- Port of Rochester/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Marshmallows, Anyone?/ SOOC
- Low Flyers/ Camera Critters
- Upside-down/ Photo Hunter
- At sunset/ Bench
- Boat Launch/ Sky Watch
- Stained glass/ Sepia Scenes
- Lake Scugog Ferry/ Watery Wednesday
- Hawthorn Berries/ Macro Monday
- Engine 2622/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Friday Sunset/ SOOC
- Swallowtail/ Camera Critters
- Electric/ Photo Hunter
- Waiting for the Band/ Bench
- Balsam Lake at Rosedale River/ Sky Watch
- Back in Session/ Sepia Scenes
- Trick Questions/ Watery Wednesday
- Lighthouse/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Tall, Very Tall/ SOOC
- Taking Flight/ Camera Critters
- Orange/Photo Hunter
- At Sunset/ Bench
- Rainbow at end of Day/ Sky Watch
- Post Office Bell/ Sepia Scenes
- Tied Up/Watery Wednesday
- ▼ September (37)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
I love this, very evocative of season, pretty, well captured.
Nicely done, EG. Great effect! And those darn geese are heading to the States to poop all over!
I have no idea how you do that "working in two layers" technique, but it looks really good when you have finished!
I love your two layer technique too. The geese in flight are a nice touch.
I guess the sepia gives it an air of timelessness
I like the faded look the second layer of sepia gives this photo!
Could have been Stadsberga, a small village near me. Great scene.
That shot certainly makes me feel ready for the fall.
I'd like to know how you did this too! What a wonderful hint of color it has, and yet it still has the sepia appeal.
Autumn feeling lovely in a special touch of sepia.
It looks like a picture from the 1950s. Great!
Interesting what you did to the photo! Nice photo anyway tho. I ahve a question about Canada Geese. I always called them Canadian Geese so why the difference in wording?
You did a wonderful job with this photo. I like the muted tone of the color showing through.
I think the correct term is Canada geese but tons of people do call them Canadian geese.
This is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
God bless you!
Beautiful photo! It has a sweet melancholia to it.
Nice landscape, EG WOW! I like very much how you retained some of the colors. I've been practicing my sepia-fying. It's not easy.
Happy Sepia Scenes ~
Clever job, EG! I love how you did that! Like duotoning! :)
Very cool technique. Lovely shot.
Painterly - what a lovely scene. Well done with the light coloring.
What a stunning view! Your edits make this farm look quaint and old fashioned. I can't say if it is still a working farm, but I can almost see the grazing bovines lazily enjoying their grasses...
Very nice! Our geese have disappeared and we are off to Ottawa!
Reminds me of a pen and ink drawing. Love it.
Beautiful picture, EG... Love the way you 'layered' it... The farm is such a great setting ---and I love those geese.
I did a double take on this...I like it.
Wow that is excellent. We will start calling you teach--only I would need it explained to me in depth.
Love the shot and it works so well in sepia. MB
Beautiful and lovely shot !! This post is so beautiful !Unseen Rajasthan
Lovley work EG!
Nice effect :)
Have a great thursday!
Wonderful to see scenes like this.
I really like the way you processed this. Very subtle without being at all washed out.
the color showing thru is lovely
You really are good at this "Photoshopping."
It is that time of year. What a lovely fall shot. I love how low the geese are flying. They are usually so high in the sky around here that a shot like that wouldn't even be possible. Absolutely beautiful!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.
Post a Comment