Refection in post office door
1. It can be a dizzying experience to buy stamps in Canada. To send a postcard or letter from here to anywhere in Canada it costs $1.00 if you buy one stamp at a time... or 85 cents if you purchase 10 for $8.50.
2. The cost of sending a letter or postcard to the U.S.A. is $1.20, to other international destinations $2.50.
3. Speaking of ever-rising prices, it’s amazing how little you can get for a million dollars these days. The average price of a detached home in Toronto is $1 million. After paying the mortgage would there be much left over for food?
4. Would you believe exotic colour names sell products better than common names? Apparently it's true. A study involving candy revealed that jelly beans called unusual names such as razzmatazz were more likely to be chosen than those with ordinary names - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, brown or black - even if the candies both looked and tasted the same.
5. Razzmatazz is one of 23 different red-coloured crayons sold by Crayola. FYI: I won't be eating any crayons soon, no matter what they call them.
To enjoy reflections from around the world, visit James at Weekend Reflections HERE
I am joining Nancy's Random 5 Friday at Rural Journal HERE