Evidence of spring
1. Largest square: coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara) - Now I KNOW it's spring.
2. Drab dried reeds on the edge of a small pnd
3. Clear water, recently unfrozen
4. Mute swan claiming a mound for building a nest
6. Two Canada geese yelling at each other
Frenchman's Bay, Pickering
Frenchman's Bay on Lake Ontario is free of ice. Yay! But further north, most lakes are still covered in ice and snow. Boo! We are still awaiting the arrival of the REAL spring.
Frenchman's Bay - ice melting around the edges about a week ago
More photos from Our World can be seen by clicking HERE.
Please visit Michelle at Rambling Woods for more NATURE NOTES.