Saturday, November 22, 2008

Snow on branches/ SOOC Sunday

The forest looked magical Thursday afternoon. For the past few days, snow had fallen a few centimetres (maybe millimetres) in each 24-hour period. BUT there had been no wind. So in places in the forest that receive little sun, the snow had built up on even the thinnest of branches.

I zoomed in with my Canon point-and-shoot as I didn't want to move in too close and knock any of the snow or ice off. Can you see the layer of ice lining the branch under the snow?

And this is what the snow and ice look like on a young tree.

Jan at Murieta365 has challenged bloggers to post photos they've taken straight out of their cameras (SOOC) to celebrate Straight Out of the Camera Sunday. To join us or to check out bloggers who are playing, visit http://www.murrieta365.com

16 comments:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

What is that white stuff on the branches of that tree.
We are having nice weather here, snow on the hills but not down here in the valley. I have posted pics of Venus and Jupiter as they get closer together in the evening sky. see my blog.

Small City Scenes said...

Excellent shots. I love both of them. MB

judi/Gmj said...

Like lace on a pillow case. :D

Linda said...

Snow is so pretty at the beginning of the season. You have much more than we had.

Anonymous said...

That surely does make a beautiful photo.

Jan said...

Wow, this is outstanding. We've had snow, once, in the ten years I've lived here. Before that I live in Long Beach, 54 years, and we had snow, once!! It's nice to see some without getting cold.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Wonderful photos! Love both them!

Leora said...

My son took a look at your post and said, "it snowed?" He was disappointed to hear that you live in Canada.

I hardly ever do anything to my shots. I do delete a lot of bad ones before I put the chosen ones up, though.

Love snow scenes. Keep showing them!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Photos!! Snow looks so pretty, but walking and driving on it is not fun. Thanks for stopping by my place. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Rose said...

I love these...they are beautiful.

Becky said...

You snow looks so familiar. Cool pictures, and I do see the ice under that snow.

maryt/theteach said...

EG, these are exquisite shots made with a Point-and-shoot camera! I just saw Jan's shots over at her photoblog! I'm going to put something up on my photoblog too - Mary Tomaselli's Photos.

Mary said...

Wow, cool!

Anonymous said...

Great shots, both of them but I really like the 2nd one.

Darla said...

Snow in photo's looks so beautiful. I'm not such a fan of it up close and personal tho.

Darla

Anonymous said...

This is one of my fave photos that you've done. Looks like an impressionist painting. I love it.

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.