Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Snow-covered Lake/ Watery Wednesday
Believe it or not, there's water under that snow. Actually, the photo was taken a few weeks ago and there may be visible water now. It rained today. The weather here is mild for January.
You can find more photos celebrating Watery Wednesday at http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 8:59 AM
Labels: Watery Wednesday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- Jack Frost/ Macro Monday
- Raspberry Glow/ SOOC
- Sunflowers Seeds, Yum/ Camera Critters
- Spotted/ Photo Hunter
- Barn In Snow/ Sepia Scenes
- Snow-covered Lake/ Watery Wednesday
- Clock Tower/ Ruby Tuesday
- Wild Cucumber/ Macro Monday
- Mural/ SOOC
- Follow the Leader/ Camera Critters
- Balanced/ Photo Hunter
- How About A Picnic?/ Benches
- Silo at Sunrise/ SkyWatch
- Wood for Warmth/ Sepia Scenes
- Frozen/ Watery Wednesday
- Spreading .../ Ruby Tuesday
- Icicles and Cobblestones/ Macro Monday
- Into The Forest/ SOOC
- On The Run/ Camera Critters
- Jiggly/ Photo Hunter
- Bench and Cedar/ Benches
- Birch and a Little Sn__/ Sky Watch
- Little Angel/ Sepia Scenes
- Winter Harbour/ Watery Wednesday
- Four Red Books/ Ruby Tuesday
- Red Hydrant/ Ruby Tuesday
- Ice Crystals/ Macro Monday
- Little Pine/ SOOC
- Curious Cattle/ Camera Critters
- Bulky/ Photo Hunter
- Sunrise Over Red Plow/ SkyWatch
- Buggy Ride/ Sepia Scenes
- Over a Wall/ Watery Wednesday
- No Hunting/ Ruby Tuesday
- Highbush Cranberries/ Macro Monday
- Rolling Hills/ SOOC
- Chinese Goose/ Camera Critters
- Lick/ Photo Hunter
- ▼ January (38)
- ► 2009 (439)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Love it!!! Poor frozen, snowcovered lake. Sheer beauty though. I have a similar pic of Lake Tyee up near Mt. Baker.
What a great clock tower in your previous post. Amazing.
Yep, looks just like here. We got 2" of snow so far today, and more coming. I'm sooo ready for Spring.
Beautiful field of snow,I like the patch of blue sky.I sure would like to see more of it.
Beautiful photo and scenery.
It's raining in Norway too now (and there's a storm coming around...).
I somehow prefered the snow...
Beautiful picture, EG... Our weather (except for the first week or so of January) has been mild also. BUT--today it is cold and flurrying here.
But I'm always concerned about it, even I have some dreams...is it really safe? I mean about walking around and so on?
In my neck of the woods, that would be some thick ice! I went to our local lake and it is frozen solid!
I wonder if it is so frozen that you could walk on the lake? The Columbia River here froze so much one year a very long time ago that they drove cars across it to go to Portland. That was before I moved here. I ahve never seen the river frozen since 85.
Wow, that is a sight to behold.
In other words, I should leave my ice skates at home?
Lovely picture, EG...I especially like the way the land and lake flow together. That means one must tread carefully, I'd guess.
I hope the ice is thick enough for some one to skate on.
We had temps in the 50's Sunday and now it is 20º! with a cold wind on top of that.
Wow I like to walk on that water heheh. Happy watery Wednesday.
mine is up
Very pretty scene...It's probably beautiful no matter what time of year!
Oh how I love the soft light of the winter sky on the landscape. Beautiful captures
Beautiful winter scene. All of our snow is gone here in Connecticut.
That is pretty amazing, any one up for ice skating!
i believe you.:p
love the white scenery.
we have had wild weather for January also. Lakes freeze and thaw... etc.
Still this is a lovely winter photo.
Water or not, that is a beautiful picture of the lake.
Post a Comment