Saturday, January 24, 2009
Downy Woodpecker/ Camera Critters
As you can see, he let me get quite close...but he has his eye on me.
To join in the Camera Critter fun, visit Misty Dawn's site at http://camera-critters.blogspot.com
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 12:42 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Tree & Shadow/ SOOC
- You Can Run.../ Camera Critters
- Change in the Weather/ Sky Watch
- Old Field Rake/ Sepia Scenes
- Feeling Sulky?/ Ruby Tuesday
- Ice Fishing/ My World
- Engine 2234/ SOOC
- Downy Woodpecker/ Camera Critters
- Care For a Little R &R?
- Misty Sunset/ Sky Watch
- Old Silo/ Sepia Scenes
- Dreaming of Summer/ Watery Wednesday
- Sumac Berries/ Ruby Tuesday
- Clearing The Ice/ My World
- Bench & Shadow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Old barn foundation/ SOOC
- Are You Looking At Me?/ Camera Critters
- House for the Birds
- Like an Opal/ Sky Watch
- A Touch of Red/ Sepia Scenes
- I See You/ Ruby Tuesday
- Skating Outdoors/ MyWorld
- Fence. Shadows, Snow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Red Barns/ SOOC
- Chickadees/ Camera Critters
- Dilapitaded Barn
- Red Sun at Davis and Hwy 404/ Sky Watch
- Old, Old Tree/ Sepia Scenes
- Private Pond/ Watery Wednesday
- Look, Look! Lotsa Books!!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Up Hill and Down/ MyWorld
- Old "Red" Barn/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Spruce Against Yellow Sky/ SOOC
- Anyone for a Swim?/ Camera Critters
- Blue Sky over White Field
- Here Lies 2008/ Sky Watch
- ▼ January (36)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Downy's have got to be the cutest of the woodpeckers.
You must have been pretty close (or had a powerful lens) to get that one!
PS Today we have sleet...
He maybe thought he was wearing his camo, and blended in with the feeder. :) Wonderful shot and I like you other blog too!
What a great picture of the Downy.
Awww, they are such cute little guys... :)
He's a-lookin' alright. They are the cutest little guys. MB
Great close up shot!
We have a pair of downys as well, but I've not been quick enough to get a good photo yet. Your suet feeder looks very sturdy. Is it squirrel proof? Wonderful photo!
Beautiful!!! I love seeing animals (birds) we don't have here in Hawaii.
Wow! What a great shot!
I have never for once in my photographic life (?) had the chance to profile bird aside from crows and pigeons lol...I dont see any here anyways...Thanks for sharing a wonderful photo!
I love how his feathers seem to mimic the feeder.
A wonderful photo!
YES! The suet feeder is indeed squirrel proof. My husband drilled a hole in a wok (purchased at a garage sale), which is upside down a few feet off the ground on a pole next to a shrub rose. So far, no squirrel has figured out how to climb around the upside-down wok.
A few squirrels have leaped the distance from my husband's workshop roof to the pole...and landed in the prickly roses. Each squirrel does that ONCE, then is amazingly content to eat leftover sunflower seeds the birds toss out of the nearby sunflower seed feeder.
I never saw one in real life . Love the photo !
Cute woodpecker we don't have them here.
wow! super beautiful, nice color and gorgeous. Check out my lizard here and thanks for the visit.
Great close up of the Downy, Tour Guide! They are definitely one of the cutest woodpeckers, but I like them all!
love his spots!!
A beautiful bird and a good capture.
Wow, that's a great capture here!
Fabulous photo! Thanks for Sharing.
Incredible. I miss woodpeckers, another bird not found here. Really sharp shooting.
Amazing! I've never been able to get so close to a bird as that. Not remotely. Great shot!
Post a Comment