Saturday, January 3, 2009
Spruce Against Yellow Sky/ SOOC
To see more photos Straight Out Of the Camera (SOOC) visit Jan at http://www.murrieta365.com
I just received this award from MaryT (TheTeach) at http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/
Hmmm, Is Mary suggesting I'm crazy? NAH! But Mary is...just a little. And she's also creative. Check out her blog and see for yourself!
Here's the scoop about the Ear Award:
Inspiration for the Van Gogh's Ear Award
You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of fou roux ("the redheaded madman"). The most bazaar of Vincent's behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to "keep this object carefully. After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890 he was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless.
The point of this award
We are all artist in are own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy, blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes. But if you ever feel so crazy to cut off your ear and give it to a prostitute "Seek Help"!
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everyone else.
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 6:05 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Tree & Shadow/ SOOC
- You Can Run.../ Camera Critters
- Change in the Weather/ Sky Watch
- Old Field Rake/ Sepia Scenes
- Feeling Sulky?/ Ruby Tuesday
- Ice Fishing/ My World
- Engine 2234/ SOOC
- Downy Woodpecker/ Camera Critters
- Care For a Little R &R?
- Misty Sunset/ Sky Watch
- Old Silo/ Sepia Scenes
- Dreaming of Summer/ Watery Wednesday
- Sumac Berries/ Ruby Tuesday
- Clearing The Ice/ My World
- Bench & Shadow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Old barn foundation/ SOOC
- Are You Looking At Me?/ Camera Critters
- House for the Birds
- Like an Opal/ Sky Watch
- A Touch of Red/ Sepia Scenes
- I See You/ Ruby Tuesday
- Skating Outdoors/ MyWorld
- Fence. Shadows, Snow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Red Barns/ SOOC
- Chickadees/ Camera Critters
- Dilapitaded Barn
- Red Sun at Davis and Hwy 404/ Sky Watch
- Old, Old Tree/ Sepia Scenes
- Private Pond/ Watery Wednesday
- Look, Look! Lotsa Books!!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Up Hill and Down/ MyWorld
- Old "Red" Barn/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Spruce Against Yellow Sky/ SOOC
- Anyone for a Swim?/ Camera Critters
- Blue Sky over White Field
- Here Lies 2008/ Sky Watch
- ▼ January (36)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the golden color.
Stunning capture. I love it.
I love the color too - I agree w/ dot - absolutely gorgeous!!!
good for you on the award- the duck is gorgeous Sandy
Great shot and congrats on your award.
Hey, it looks like you've been in my back yard.
'ears to you......LOL
Nice captured, also nice duck, very common also in our area.
A well-deserved award! And another beautiful shot from the camera.
Congrats on the award!
This is a breathtaking image!!
Beautiful!!! Awesome!!! Wonderful!!! Congrats on the award! Have a great day!
Lovely sky, specially with the tree silhouettes to emphasise the colours. And I had to laugh a little about the Van Gogh award...
the tree line and the color is so beautiful!!
congrats on the award :)
Nice looking foto.
Beautiful scene...congratulations on the award--I guess...hehehe
wow! super beautiful, I love watching those ducks so pretty and wonderful. Visit me at travel and photography..
Post a Comment