Yep, there's ice under that snow. This pond isn't very deep but I still wouldn't trust the ice enough to walk on it yet. Besides it would spoil the pristine look.
You can find more photos celebrating Watery Wednesday at http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Tree & Shadow/ SOOC
- You Can Run.../ Camera Critters
- Change in the Weather/ Sky Watch
- Old Field Rake/ Sepia Scenes
- Feeling Sulky?/ Ruby Tuesday
- Ice Fishing/ My World
- Engine 2234/ SOOC
- Downy Woodpecker/ Camera Critters
- Care For a Little R &R?
- Misty Sunset/ Sky Watch
- Old Silo/ Sepia Scenes
- Dreaming of Summer/ Watery Wednesday
- Sumac Berries/ Ruby Tuesday
- Clearing The Ice/ My World
- Bench & Shadow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Old barn foundation/ SOOC
- Are You Looking At Me?/ Camera Critters
- House for the Birds
- Like an Opal/ Sky Watch
- A Touch of Red/ Sepia Scenes
- I See You/ Ruby Tuesday
- Skating Outdoors/ MyWorld
- Fence. Shadows, Snow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Red Barns/ SOOC
- Chickadees/ Camera Critters
- Dilapitaded Barn
- Red Sun at Davis and Hwy 404/ Sky Watch
- Old, Old Tree/ Sepia Scenes
- Private Pond/ Watery Wednesday
- Look, Look! Lotsa Books!!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Up Hill and Down/ MyWorld
- Old "Red" Barn/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Spruce Against Yellow Sky/ SOOC
- Anyone for a Swim?/ Camera Critters
- Blue Sky over White Field
- Here Lies 2008/ Sky Watch
- ▼ January (36)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Fantastic shot as always. i am not a big winter fan but it does have its beauty. Well done.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Regina In Pictures
What beauty! We have snow and cold temperatures too at the moment. A great combination for photos.
That is picture postcard perfect!
Nice shot. Very beautiful place!
You certainly get out and about to some interesting places!
Pristine is right. Looks like something right out of Norman Rockwell.
That's so pretty - it's like a painting!
I think we'd be getting the same freezing point soon and I believe it is safe because our lakes isnt so deep lol....Haay too cold looking...but stilly a lovely winter scene!
East Gwillimbury WOW! I love the looks of your area even more with snow. So clean!
That is so wonderful. I'm glad you did not walk on it before the shot. Unspoilt nature at its best and baking in the sun. Love the blue reflections too. Great composition.
I know, its nice seeing no tracks anywhere in the snow accept for the occasional animals prints to follow to a nearby burrow.
Ditto, what 2sweetnsaxy said, it is like a postcard. I'm glad you didn't try to walk on it, that water's got to be cold. Brrrr.
that's a perfect Winter photo....just lovely.
Snow is beautiful, especially when it remains untouched.
Very pristine and beautiful!
When my kids were little I wanted them to play in the background and keep the nice fresh snow pristine in the front - didn't always happen as well it shouldn't!
wow! perfect timing, all the places are covered with snow. Visit also my watery video here and thanks.
Another beautiful winter scene---what are we going to do with you. MB
Looks like its right out of a story book, Gorgeous!
It really is pristine -- and very lovely.
We are in a warming trend so most of our frozen lakes and ponds have lost their ice, or at least their sturdy ice. But they are still beautiful from a distance. - Margy
Well, the ice may be still too thin but that is an amazing landscape!
Beautiful. I'd never guess there was ice under there but I'm in no danger because I wouldn't be walking in any snow to begin with.
Pretty to look at tho.
It is a peaceful scene there that you photographed. Nice.
I still have the old blogs but I also have new ones Abe Lincoln Blogs and also look at Abraham Lincoln's Blog
That is beautiful. My son works in Ontario part time (we live in Va. USA) and he talks about how cold it is. But, you just can't get pictures like that just anywhere.... it has to be cold and left untouched. Thanks for the photo.
Does look like a nice spot and the little bit of sunshine gives it a warmth that it probably doesn't have. Nice.
I agree, there's something so nice about an expanse of unbroken snow.
Yeah, you don't want to spoil the smooth snow on top! it's too pretty!
It certainly would. This photo is so beautiful.
this photo is so lovely!
It could be entered in so many memes these days shadow Shot Sunday, or Scenic Sunday, or others. It is certainly appropriate for Watery Wednesday as well.
I didn't even realize that there was a pond there. Oops! Got to be careful where I walk huh?
No tracks makes it even prettier. Love the shot.
Post a Comment