Monday, January 19, 2009
Sumac Berries/ Ruby Tuesday
To join in the Ruby Tuesday fun, visit Mary, theTeach at http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 5:00 PM
Labels: Ruby Tuesday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Tree & Shadow/ SOOC
- You Can Run.../ Camera Critters
- Change in the Weather/ Sky Watch
- Old Field Rake/ Sepia Scenes
- Feeling Sulky?/ Ruby Tuesday
- Ice Fishing/ My World
- Engine 2234/ SOOC
- Downy Woodpecker/ Camera Critters
- Care For a Little R &R?
- Misty Sunset/ Sky Watch
- Old Silo/ Sepia Scenes
- Dreaming of Summer/ Watery Wednesday
- Sumac Berries/ Ruby Tuesday
- Clearing The Ice/ My World
- Bench & Shadow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Old barn foundation/ SOOC
- Are You Looking At Me?/ Camera Critters
- House for the Birds
- Like an Opal/ Sky Watch
- A Touch of Red/ Sepia Scenes
- I See You/ Ruby Tuesday
- Skating Outdoors/ MyWorld
- Fence. Shadows, Snow/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Red Barns/ SOOC
- Chickadees/ Camera Critters
- Dilapitaded Barn
- Red Sun at Davis and Hwy 404/ Sky Watch
- Old, Old Tree/ Sepia Scenes
- Private Pond/ Watery Wednesday
- Look, Look! Lotsa Books!!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Up Hill and Down/ MyWorld
- Old "Red" Barn/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Spruce Against Yellow Sky/ SOOC
- Anyone for a Swim?/ Camera Critters
- Blue Sky over White Field
- Here Lies 2008/ Sky Watch
- ▼ January (36)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
It does stand out in winter! Great macro red!
Wonderful red and macro shot!
A perfect macro shot, EG! You need no lessons from me! :) Any relation to poison sumac? Happy Ruby Tuesday!
NO relation to the poisonous type, which has WHITE berries. This is a wild staghorn sumac but some nurseries sell it for landscape purposes. ;-)
Very interesting shot. Is this a flower? I haven't seen one until today.
Mine is here. Good morning!
You just took this, in the winter? Wonderful.
I took it about a week ago...when the sun was shining.
Sun? Did I say sun? What's THAT?
I tried to get a good picture of sumac but the lighting wasn't right...going to have to remember to try again next year. Yours is so good.
What a festive looking red. I don't think I've ever seen sumac berries before, though the spice often appears on food here it's color is a dull brick red by then.
A real 'pretty' here in the winter.
Beautiful plant, lovely.
Wonderful, do they smell? I can't remember. Sure are beautiful and you captured them perfectly.
wow, that's a nice macro!
Nice red berries, and I assume the sumac is not poisonous in the cold weather. Not like you start itching by merely looking at the berries. Happy Ruby Tuesday!
What a lovely ruby photo!
Red in winter is a treasure to find. I like the photo very much.
Interesting shot. It's hard to give it perspective on size. I am guessing the blurred shapes in back are bare tree branches.
I always liked the shape of these spikes, reaching up and disappearing into the sky above.
I've never even heard of sumac berries.
They look quite unique. Must be beautiful inside in a vase?
What a beautiful macro picture:)
That is a lovely splash of colour to see in the winter!
It's hard to find color around here. This is a beautiful red.
We have LOTS of these, and they are all covered with snow. What a pretty red color. It brightens up the day.
Happy RT EG.
I love that colour!
really lovely, I like how the back ground turned out, the colors really are great together.
You colored our Tuesday with it, no doubt, EG !
For me, it looks like a rustic plant. Nice to see it in macro !
Excellent macro photo with a lot of beautiful chromatic nuances!
Oh! I have not seen such berries before. Something interesting! Thanks for sharing. :)
My RT posts: CNY Special - II and It Meows #17.
Again a great serie of pictures, and a lot of snow in Canada!
just lovely. i really adore your work.
Wonderful colour and detail on the blossoms. Happy Ruby Tuesday!
That must really stand out in the landscape. Very cheery.
Fabulous macro shot. And I can see how they'd brighten up the landscape.
You followed the rules! Great macro shot. I forgot to do that.
Sorry there wasn't any pizza left over to give you ;-)
Happy Ruby Tuesday!
Love the colours in the background! They really emphasize the redness of the berries!
chloe paddington bags
chloe paddington bag
Post a Comment