My husband and I spent a few days in Upstate New York last week, taking a scenic shore route. Along the way we saw many apples literally ripe for the picking. Don't they look scrumptious? I love crisp apples in autumn!
And they were being picked too. We didn't see any workers but we did see quite a few trucks such as this one, plus tons and tons of crates, many of them full like the ones on this truck. Some of these my turn up on grocery store shelves in your area. ;-)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- Happy Halloween
- Sunset over Pumpkins/ Sky Watch
- Heritage Railway/ Sepia Scenes
- Halloween Preview/ Ruby Tuesday
- Sharon Temple/ My World
- Calendula/ Today's Flowers
- Donkeys/ Camera Critters
- Apple Picking
- Geese Over Highway/ Sky Watch
- Old Store/ Sepia Scenes
- Lake Ontario/ Watery Wednesday
- A Taste of Halloween/ Ruby Tuesday
- My World/ Ontario, Canada
- Carpet Rose/ Today's Flowers
- Grackles/ Camera Critters
- Virginia Creeper
- Fall Foliage/ Sky Watch
- Full Moon/ Sumac Leaves in Fall/Fave Things
- Birdbath/ Watery Tuesday
- Party Time/ Ruby Tuesday
- Honeysuckle/ Today's Flowers
- Painted Lady/ Camera Critters
- Rusty Truck
- Sunset Through Maples/ Sky Watch
- Fall Decorations/ Fave Things
- Red mushrooms/ Ruby Tuesday
- Mossington Bridge/ Bridges Between
- Clematis/ Today's Flowers
- Serendipity/ one single impression
- Goat Herder/ Camera Critters
- St. George's Graveyard
- St. George's/ Sky Watch
- Butterflies/ Fave Things
- ▼ October (33)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Fall apples! How delicious! Apple cobbler, apple pie, yum!
The apples look delicious! Great!
Those appls look really scrumptious, yum.
Great shots. MB
I could just sink my teeth into a few crisp apples right now. What we get here has been cool-stored for 6 months.
Great shot also of the truck sitting in the clouds.
Amazing post, marvellous and nutritious fruits!
Splendid colours and good frame.
Oh yes, I want one now. :) Apple Crisp! With Ice Cream of course!
We have lots of apple orchards in our area too....Your photo is beautiful!
Maybe they are "delicious" apples. My favorite are galas but after that I like the delicious. Pretty picture!
Oh yes, apple time. Don't you love it!
We have 3 trees, and there was enough apples this year to supply 2 families, with enough sauce, and slices for pies till next year at this time( we hope).
Those apples are perfect.
Oh, this photo makes me want to scoot on up to North Carolina for fresh, homegrown apples. They taste so much better than the ones in the stores here.
Wow.. those apples look good enough to eat! LOL Love your photos!
It's hard work, apple picking!
They look delicious and healthy.
I love the image you took.
They look like fun to me! But oh my, tired at the end of a day!
Two gorgeous photos of upstate New York! Love those apples, EG! :)
Very nice. I love pictures of trucks, but I am not sure why. This is a very nice one.
Up my way...it is apple picking time
Post a Comment