Calendulas (also know as Scotch marigolds) are very hardy annuals and one of my favourites. These will bloom until we have a very hard frost and sometimes last well into December here in central Ontario.
Even better, I never have to plant them because they seed themselves throughout my garden. Although, I may purchase some seeds this spring as I once had a lovely shade of light-yellow calendula and now have only this sunny yellow and...
orange. How could you NOT love this lovely orange beauty?
To view more blogs celebrating Today's Flowers, visit http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- Happy Halloween
- Sunset over Pumpkins/ Sky Watch
- Heritage Railway/ Sepia Scenes
- Halloween Preview/ Ruby Tuesday
- Sharon Temple/ My World
- Calendula/ Today's Flowers
- Donkeys/ Camera Critters
- Apple Picking
- Geese Over Highway/ Sky Watch
- Old Store/ Sepia Scenes
- Lake Ontario/ Watery Wednesday
- A Taste of Halloween/ Ruby Tuesday
- My World/ Ontario, Canada
- Carpet Rose/ Today's Flowers
- Grackles/ Camera Critters
- Virginia Creeper
- Fall Foliage/ Sky Watch
- Full Moon/ Sumac Leaves in Fall/Fave Things
- Birdbath/ Watery Tuesday
- Party Time/ Ruby Tuesday
- Honeysuckle/ Today's Flowers
- Painted Lady/ Camera Critters
- Rusty Truck
- Sunset Through Maples/ Sky Watch
- Fall Decorations/ Fave Things
- Red mushrooms/ Ruby Tuesday
- Mossington Bridge/ Bridges Between
- Clematis/ Today's Flowers
- Serendipity/ one single impression
- Goat Herder/ Camera Critters
- St. George's Graveyard
- St. George's/ Sky Watch
- Butterflies/ Fave Things
- ▼ October (33)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
very pretty...love bright orange flowers...they give a pop to the garden :)
Oh, so gorgeous! I sure love them both...I love yellow and orange! and your photographs are superb.
These are stunning - lovely color for a fall garden!
A fantastic photo, with gorgeous and amazing colours of a flower that is simple and yet so beautiful.
Very bright and cheery. They do bloom everywhere. but it's mostly OK. MB
What a bright, cheerful image!
Orange goodness. Perfect for fall decorating.
Gorgeous shots! I do love these flowers.
EG: Those are really wonderful photos of the marigolds, nicely done.
Oh yes, the guitar is classical and the young person is trying to take the first steps on the noble art of music.
The player is my daughter Sara Cristina (if you saw the twins photo she is the one with the orange t-shirt), but she only started this month.
So not much of a player until now.
Those are beautiful and now I know the name of another flower..
It is a lovely bright flower ... perfect to turn heads towards the garden!
WOW! The colors are so vivid! Beautiful flowers!!
Wow! Excellent shots. Actually, they're stunning! :-)
Wish you were on the same continent
I'd send you some. I have masses, yellow, orange, single, double, and all withthat specia fresh scent.
VEry beautiful flower there! I also like its name! Surely has suncolor!
oh so lovely!
I came for Ruby Tuesday but I really love this flower the best. I do love calendulas, too, for the same reasons, but mine here in Seattle are over. Guess they are just tuckered out. Great shot!
greetings from upstate ny....
these are absolutely stunning flowers ....awesome pictures...
The details in the color and crisp focus are mind bogglingly wonderful!
How nice of that little bug to pose for you in the top photo, too.
Post a Comment