Even during winter in MY WORLD you sometimes get caught behind slow moving hay wagons. (This photo was taken through a dirty windshield so a bit blurry. Sorry.)
But yesterday (Sunday) I had no worries about having to move at a turtle's pace. I wasn't in a hurry. Warm temperatures, wind and rain had vanquished the old, dirty snow...most of it anyway. And for a couple of hours blue skies overhead were graced with puffy white clouds.
This farmer took the opportunity to pick up some hay bales off his fields and I, well, "coerced" my dear husband into taking me on a photo journey.
To visit other blogs celebrating That's My World, please visit http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- ► 2009 (439)
- EG Countryside/ Sepia Scenes
- Ice on Pefferlaw River/ Watery Wednesday
- Rusty Red/ Ruby Tuesday
- Share the Road/ My World
- Farm on the Hill/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Blue Sky, White Snow/ SOOC
- Black Horse/ Camera Critters
- Stump with Snow
- Merry Christmas!
- Icy Pond/ Watery Wednesday
- Season's Greetings Gate/ Ruby Tuesday
- Country driveway/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Driving Easterly/SOOC
- Horses, Hay, green & Red Barn/ Camera Critters
- Charle Brown Christmas Tree
- Sunset through the Clouds/ Sky Watch
- Old Farm in Fresh Snow/ Sepia Scenes
- A Goodwood Christmas/ Ruby Tuesday
- Christmas in the Forest/ My World
- Tree & Shadow/ Monochrome Manicas
- Sunset Over Snow Fence/ SOOC
- Hee Haw/ Camera Critters
- Do Not Cut
- Sunset over Paddock/ Sky Watch
- Four Deer/ Sepia Scenes
- Icicles/ Watery Wednesday
- And More Snow on the Way
- Santa Claus Was Here!/ Ruby Tuesday
- Tree Farm/ My World
- Horses in field/ Monochrome Maniacs
- YRP 53/ SOOC Sunday
- Do You Hear What I Hear/ Camera Critters
- Sunshine, Bird and Sky
- Sky over Potato Farm/Sky Watch
- Cattle on the Hill/ Sepia Scenes
- Bridge over Creek/Bridges Between
- It's beginning to look a lot like.../ Ruby Tuesday
- Cross-country Skiing/ My World
- ▼ December (38)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Cool, sunshine, warm temps, no where special to go; my kind of day.
Looks quite a bit warmer in your neighborhood. I love that Share the Road sign.
We have those same signs, although they don't say "share the road"....very same little farmer though!
I love these types of rural pics that you are so good at!
now that is unfair! how come no more snow in your part of the worl? *wink*
My World Tuesday
Love the shot and the SIGN! Glad the sun has come out for you!!
Strangely this could be my world. Traffic comes to stand still here when we are behind one of these, but who cares as we say here there's time enough.
Something neat about the composition: the orange triangle and the octagonal red stop sign. And everything else looks natural, even the truck. Especially the hay.
EG: What a neat look at the big wagon. That certainly would slow you down.
Nice post. I really dont mind driving behind one of those either, well sometimes :)
Happy New Year.
Great shots and interesting post.
Lucky for you you don't live in Amish country! If you think those trucks move slow, try getting caught behind a mule team sometime!
I like that sign. We haven't got one like that. It's more a request than an order. Have a great new year!
Nice pic and love the sign. Happy New Year!
I could use that load of hay here too although it is early summer, our grass is browned off and our cattle need hand feeding.
Nice for you to take a leasurely drive for photo shooting.
Have a Happy New Year!
We have the same things here in the country. Lots of the big hay bales, and tractors everywhere. I wouldn't change it for anything!
Too funny, that one bale looks like it is getting ready to fall off.
Happy New Year
We can stuck behind trailers like this on our narrow roads as well but we don't have signs like that. I just love it, ours are quite boring this one seems fun. Thanks for sharing your world with us.
Nice captured! Best wishes for the New Year!
Nice shot--I really like it. Just something about it makes me feel like I am sitting right there with you.
Wow...that doesn't look like winter in your area. It won't last long. Lovely photo.
Looks like a beautiful warm day to share the road.
Love the sign, my friend got me into taking pictures of weird/cute(interesting signs and this is certainly one.
We have to share the road, but mostly with logging trucks. In that case it is better to speed up or get out of the way, LOL. -- Margy
Great My World Post. I always enjoy your blog so much - thanks for joining us and sharing your world.
Post a Comment