Saturday, June 6, 2009
Egrets/ Camera Critters
This photo was taken several weeks ago.
From the highway as we were whizzing by, I thought I saw saw a big, white bird fly up into a tree so we drove around to get a closer look...and found TWO big birds! Were they defending something? There were plenty of Canada geese swimming nearby but the egrets seemed unconcerned about their avian friends.
On the other hand, the egrets weren't very happy about the guy (which you can't see) fishing on the other side of the pond.
FYI: Apparently I was invisible because they paid no attention to me. Hmmm. Maybe they knew I wasn't about to swim out to them.
Please note: Photo Hunter is the post below
To join in the Camera Critter fun, visit Misty Dawn's site at http://camera-critters.blogspot.com
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 7:23 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Summer at the Lake, Watery Wednesday
- Damselfly/ Macro Monday
- Wild Blue Iris/ Today's Flowers
- Toronto Drive By/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Clematis/ SOOC
- Skipper/ Camera Critters
- Flags/ Photo Hunter
- Sunset Over Pasture/ Skywatch
- UNlocked/ Sepia Scenes
- Out For a Row/Watery Wednesday
- Poppy Seed Head/ Macro Monday
- Wild Orchids /Today's Flowers
- Looking At You/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Small Pond/ SOOC
- Looking Down On Me/ Camera Critters
- Creamy/ Photo Hunter
- The Tracks/ Sky Watch
- Golden Domes/ Sepia Scenes
- Nesting Egrets/ Watery Wednesday
- Cranesbill/ Macro Monday
- Daylilies/ Today's Flowers
- Barn Reno/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Allium Seedheads/ SOOC
- Nests Galore/ Camera Critters
- Lock/ Photo Hunter
- Big Sky/Sky Watch
- Sepia Sunset/ Sepia Scenes
- Through Tree Limbs/Watery Wednesday
- Ouch!/ Macro Monday
- Spanish Poppy/ Today's Flowers
- Down Under/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Spring Green/ SOOC
- Egrets/ Camera Critters
- Advertisement/ Photo Hunter
- From the Ridge/ Sky Watch
- Looks Like Yesterday/ Sepia Scenes
- Ornamental Strawberry/ Macro Monday
- ▼ June (37)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
I am glad you drove around to get a closer look. These 2 are just beautiful & you captured them well.Have a great weekend
What a SUPER shot. I love it. I don't think we have Egrets here. I have never seen one. I am glad you went back to see the birds. MB
I always assumed (wrongly) that these were tropical. Same goes for the Blue Heron.
Hello dear friend!
Wow Fantastic picture! I liked your idea in this post!They are beautiful and charming birds!
I have so much fun doing drive-by shootings, too! That photographer's cry, "No, wait, go back!"
It amazes me how far north critters come to nest. They know that people like you and I like to look after them and watch and click!
They are beautiful.
Carefully wading... Wonderful bird shot. Absolutely stunning.
Such a great shot! Beautiful birds!
Egrets are stunning birds...large ones have such huge wingspans, but they are notoriously hard to photograph and very easily spooked. So, you did extremely well getting this superb photo!
fabuloso! Birds are almost as tough to get as bees. :D
What a beautiful shot of the Egrets! so clear and great composition!
Post a Comment