Sunday, June 7, 2009
Spanish Poppy/ Today's Flowers
Spanish poppies grow like weeds in my gardens. The plants are short-lived but reseed themselves freely. (Or maybe a chipmunk is farming them? We’ve often seen a local chipmunk harvesting the seeds for … hmmm … getting a little high?)
If you love flowers -- and who doesn't - check out Today's Flowers at http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/
Posted by EG CameraGirl at 3:08 PM
Labels: Today's Flowers
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Friends who encourage me
- ► 2015 (485)
- ► 2014 (400)
- ► 2013 (408)
- ► 2012 (408)
- ► 2011 (499)
- ► 2010 (490)
- Summer at the Lake, Watery Wednesday
- Damselfly/ Macro Monday
- Wild Blue Iris/ Today's Flowers
- Toronto Drive By/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Clematis/ SOOC
- Skipper/ Camera Critters
- Flags/ Photo Hunter
- Sunset Over Pasture/ Skywatch
- UNlocked/ Sepia Scenes
- Out For a Row/Watery Wednesday
- Poppy Seed Head/ Macro Monday
- Wild Orchids /Today's Flowers
- Looking At You/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Small Pond/ SOOC
- Looking Down On Me/ Camera Critters
- Creamy/ Photo Hunter
- The Tracks/ Sky Watch
- Golden Domes/ Sepia Scenes
- Nesting Egrets/ Watery Wednesday
- Cranesbill/ Macro Monday
- Daylilies/ Today's Flowers
- Barn Reno/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Allium Seedheads/ SOOC
- Nests Galore/ Camera Critters
- Lock/ Photo Hunter
- Big Sky/Sky Watch
- Sepia Sunset/ Sepia Scenes
- Through Tree Limbs/Watery Wednesday
- Ouch!/ Macro Monday
- Spanish Poppy/ Today's Flowers
- Down Under/ Monochrome Maniacs
- Spring Green/ SOOC
- Egrets/ Camera Critters
- Advertisement/ Photo Hunter
- From the Ridge/ Sky Watch
- Looks Like Yesterday/ Sepia Scenes
- Ornamental Strawberry/ Macro Monday
- ▼ June (37)
- EG CameraGirl
- East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.
Those puppies are so wonderful in color! This is beautiful!
Have a great evening!
I said once and I repeat now "I would love to have your garden for me"! LOL
What a wonderful flower. Wonder if they would do well here in New Jersey.
Wow, so vibrant!
Great orange color. I wonder what makes them "Spanish"?
very pretty. Once they get established they go on forever. I like your Chipmunk farming theory.
California Poppies are everywhere out here. Pretty though.
My "Today's Flowers" is on my Day4plus blog. MB
Love that color, EG... Beautiful flower.
How interesting EG. I'd like these growing in my garden.
Almost looks like paper!
Beautiful color, great capture.
Beautiful and you get them for nothing! No planting and watering and tending. Lucky you!
Thanks for sharing something so beautiful!
This is a beautiful capture.. I am sat here with the image of a Chipmunk in a drug induced state running around your garden banging into everything.. :O)
I've tried to grow them but never had much success.... what's your secret?
What wonderful colors. They must look quite amazing in the garden.
I love the vibrant colour, and the way the sun shines through the petals!!
This is gorgeous and one of my favorite colors...
I love the angle you chose for this and the background.... soft and colorful, just lovely!
Love the bright orange color!
i really love your macro shots. great details on a blurry background.
Lovely, Lovely! Have never seen a Spanish Poppy before. Poppies, in general, don't grow well here -- too hot. But I do love them. This one has such a gorgeous color!
Magnificent macro of this beautiful orange poppy! Love the rusty 'ouch' shot too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Post a Comment